Bitcoin Trading

Friday, June 15, 2012

House Bought from Blogging!


Last year, my online earnings from Google Adsense managed to buy me an LCD TV. At the start of the new year, however, the goal I set for myself was to earn enough to partly finance the purchase of a real estate property.
Fast forward several months later: I am now moving in to a new house which blogging bought.
Technically, though, I did not “buy” it. My online income simply covered the small downpayment needed to take hold of the unit, which is actually a foreclosed property offered by the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI). I still have to pay the remaining amount so I took a bank loan, with monthly amortization for the next 10 years, which charged a 10.5% interest per annum.
The house that blogging bought
This house which blogging “bought” is actually a townhouse unit located inside a subdivision somewhere in Quezon City. It is a three-storey unit which includes three bedrooms, three toilet and baths, a carport, maid’s quarters, and an attic.
The house was a foreclosed property by BPI which I successfully bid for months ago. (I’ll discuss how to buy foreclosed properties and how to take a bank loan in another article.) The unit was given major overhaul due to water leaks, termite-infested floors and ceilings, and peeling paint. Total repair works lasted three months.
View from the balcony
View from the balcony
My favorite place in the house is the balcony on the guest room. It faces a large private property filled with abundant trees and lush greeneries. I can already imagine myself staying here on a Sunday morning while sipping coffee and listening to birds chirping.
 The attic on the third floor is a perfect place to unwind. We plan to make this an entertainment room where guests can rest while listening to music. There will also be a mini-library where we will store books and other reading materials.
Attic on the 3rd floor
The place is already livable but major pieces of furniture and furnishings are still needed. Until today, we don’t have a decent dining set yet, a living room couch, microwave oven, and paintings and artworks for the walls.
Hey, those could be your Christmas gifts to me!
Otherwise, I’ll need to save my future Google Adsense earnings again so that I can buy those things. Watch out then for my next article: The microwave oven that blogging bought! LOL.
Some “before and after” pictures of the house:
What about you? What has blogging bought you?

No comments:

Post a Comment